20090620

Mean Clothing Color

Okay, so about once every week I am blessed with the honor of going and spending the better half of my night doing laundry over at the laundry mat. Most of the time spent over there is spent playing with the DSi that my lovely wife purchased for me as a wedding gift. The rest of the remaining time is spent just sitting there and thinking. Yes, I realize that this can be dangerous, but it is (in some cases) a necessary evil.

There is, however, one part of the laundry mat experience in which I always, without exception, look forward to. That is when I am blessed with the opportunity to open up the drier and retrieve the giant dust ball that has become the total summation of all the lint found on Kelly and my clothes.

This of course can be used to find the Mean Clothing Color (MCC) of all of our clothes. Over time, I have noticed that the giant lint ball has consistently shown a reddish-grey tenting to it. This naturally means that within that set of laundry, red (or similar colors) is the predominate color. How I (or you) use this information is irrelevant, and some what silly, but the important thing is that we can use the MCC to show us what color the next shirt we purchase will not be. It's the whole idea of maintaining a diverse wardrobe!

I'm sure everyone is excited to here about Kelly and my Wardrobe's Mean Color. Let's just hope that I have piqued your own curiosity as to what your wardrobe's Mean Color is!

Which reminds me, what is your MCC?

5 comments:

Kelly Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Marie said...

You are such the sweetest dork! I used to love washing the towels as the lint ball would be a bright turquoise. Of course you could only spoil the fun of lint balls by attributing mathematical jargon to them. Love ya, sweetbean!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny...MCI and way too much thinking. I like the colors of your blog.

Angela said...

I totally thought this post was going to be about how you accidentally washed some colored stuff with some white stuff thereby dying your white stuff another color. You could then call the colored clothes "mean" because they ruined your other clothes.

Anyhoo....

Our lint ball is pretty much always grey. I just emptied it this morning. If I wash only my pink and white towels, though, it comes out pink! And that's always fun!

Dustin said...

You need to do a study to determine the chance of each color thread being lost in the dryer. The same would be for different materials. You may have this one red shirt that is always losing threads so it skews your MCC. I think there is more work to be done to determine that actual MCC.